No Purse Necessary; Time For My Scottevest!

scottevest-vest.jpgI’m not the backpack type. At my age, they look dumb. And they seriously tweak my back. For times that I want/need to carry a lot of stuff purse-free (like Paris), I’ve used my Scottevest trench coat. Yet what about hot, sweaty travel? Now I have THE RIGHT VEST.

This is my second Scottevest vest.  I bought my first (in black) for our trip to India. It was OK, lots of pockets, but I found the fabric scratchy and when I washed it after that dusty, dirty trip, it got even scratchier.

The company apparently figured that out because THIS vest is soft. The fabric is pleasantly drapey. And when it comes to storage, it’s practically a LOCKER. 17 pockets, all zipped or Velcro – a place for everything.  Tiny tags with icons remind me where I put something.  And a slightly fitted shape is what I really want.

Eyeglasses, wallet, iPod, phone, chapstick, hairbrush, pen, paper, car keys, you name it fits in there. Including…. get this…. a pocket in the back for an iPad or other electronic notebook.  I ain’t kidding.  These were originally designed for air travel to get through TSA with as much of your stuff as possible on your body.

When I was prepping to hit Knott’s Berry Farm for a blogger event, I smeared on sunscreen, found the right hat and was literally reaching for my little purse when I thought, “Waydamminit, THIS is an excellent Scottevest day. Who needs a purse?”

On the roller coaster, I stuffed hat, sunglasses and water bottle into the vest.  Then screamed my bloody head off on the ride.

SCOTTEVEST WOMEN’S TRAVEL VEST, you can click here, it’s a good value at $125.00

{PS – when you buy your vest or trench, look in the pocket for a little packet of cards showing real-live customers wearing their Scottevest items around the globe.  I’m in that packet, my Paris trench shot, below!}

Fashion Model Patti

Disclosure… my newest Scottevest was provided by the company, but I purchased the first two items on my own.  While at the LA Times Travel Show, I met Scott Jordan, the company founder, and told him my stories. They decided they wanted me to try the new vest.

1 Worth The Whisk May 7, 2013 at 7:22 am

Karen, just one trip to an exotic destination and their designers will realize more than half the world population is petite like you. Oh well, they will figure it out.

2 Karen Guerra May 7, 2013 at 6:20 am

Patti, I asked Scottevest, and they did reply promply – with the usual response: “Thanks for your interest, we don’t carry petite sizes at this time but will pass the request on.”

3 Worth The Whisk April 26, 2013 at 11:59 am

Thanks, Patricia. The hat is a Nine West squishable one for packing. Cheap, Macy’s. The glasses, uh, expensive. LOL.

4 Patricia@FreshFoodinaFlash April 26, 2013 at 11:54 am

I want one of these. What a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion.
PS. You look so cute with the matching hat and glasses!

5 Worth The Whisk April 23, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Priscilla, I agree that the trench is a little bulky but I sure get a ton of use out of it. Including riding the Metro around LA, feels so much safer than wearing a purse. And yes, the vest is definitely suited for Asia. Hands free!

6 Priscilla April 23, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I bought the trench based on your recommendation 🙂 I find it a little bulky with all those pockets (I have enough bulk in certain areas) and I think the vest might be more suited to our travels to Asia.

7 Worth The Whisk April 15, 2013 at 11:55 am

Karen – they are very responsive on Facebook. Friend them and then ask the question!

8 Karen Guerra April 14, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Maybe one day Scottevest will offer sizing for petites and I’ll be able to indulge. As much as Jim and I travel, all their clothing would be useful — but I’m still waiting.

9 sippitysup March 30, 2013 at 9:39 am

How smart you look! GREG

10 SCOTTEVEST March 26, 2013 at 1:48 pm

You look fabulous! We love this vest on you, as well as the Trench Coat. Great to meet you in LA and thank you for sharing!