This elegant restaurant lunch will be simple to replicate at home, I think. Oh wait, maybe its anchovy butter could be a challenge here. But I don’t feel bad suggesting this — I live in LA and my Warm Egg Salad Sandwich was happily consumed at San Francisco’s Il Cane Rosso – who knows when I may get back?
What a sammie! Couldn’t stop thinking about it so I decided to share on Worth The Whisk — you can hit the place next time you are in SFO, or as I look online, Dallas. I took ONE photo of it (above). Seriously couldn’t wait to dig in. Heaven on a plate. It doesn’t really require a recipe; in my opinion a blueprint is all you need:
- toasted bread, theirs was crustless
- anchovy butter (if I make this at home, I’ll just use unsalted butter)
- your very best egg salad at room temperature
- slices of aged provolone – then broil a few seconds to melt the cheese
- tender greens/baby lettuce on top before serving
–> Il Cane Rosso, One Ferry Building, #41, San Francisco, CA, 94111, www.canerossosf.com