Scenes from the Aetna Healthy Food Fight Competition

Post image for Scenes from the Aetna Healthy Food Fight Competition

This is the Rancho Cucamonga regional cookoff for the Aetna Healthy Food Fight Recipe Contest.  A more in-depth post is {probably} coming; the contest is still running and no word on which recipe (it ain’t mine, I can tell you that) will progress from this regional cookoff to the finals mid-November. I cooked my uber-healthy Scallops, Bok Choy and Mushrooms over Barley in the first round of the weekend’s worth of competition, along with my blogging buddy Rachel of La Fuji Mama.

November 8 update — I didn’t win. Neither did Rachel, which surprises the heck out of me (her not winning, I mean).

1 Worth The Whisk November 6, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Knock ’em dead, Joanne!!!

2 joanne November 6, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Just had a chance to look through your site, WOW , love the recipes and your stories . Cannot decide what to cook first , my husband is very interested in the Kahula cupcakes I guess that will be first followed by the butterscotch pudding. In reference to the contest with Aetna I think the pool of cooks has been diminished in S.Cal since the prize trip to Los Angeles is not much of a draw for those of us who live here. I look forward to all you news letters .
I will give you an update after my cooking experience next week- end.

3 Worth The Whisk November 6, 2010 at 10:54 am

Good luck to you Joanne, and don’t be nervous. We had no celebrity judge after all (and no mention as to why Sara Moulton wasn’t there). Small crowds, we could focus on our cooking. No news yet on who won our regional, either. You will have a lot of fun, however. It is intriguing to see how much money Aetna is throwing at this to reach so few number of people. Kinda vulgar for a health insurance company, I have to say.

4 joanne November 6, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hi Pattie,
Thanks for the update and pictures ! Next week I will cook and this is all new to me so I’m nervous but your pictures helped me calm my nerves ! I love your recipe and will probably try it this week. Good luck to you !

5 Worth The Whisk November 2, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Nancy, you are really kind. Today is Tuesday, no word yet to ME.

6 Nancy@acommunaltable November 2, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Looks like you had a great time and I wouldn’t be so sure you won’t be advancing – your recipe sounds fabulous!!!

7 Worth The Whisk October 31, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Gisele, it was very easy. Use PhotoVisi – takes a tiny bit of time to get used to and then you are Rock ‘n Rolling. FREE.

8 Gisele aka LA2LAChef October 31, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Neat photo collage, Patti. Looks like it was time consuming to put together-was it?