Milk Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies

Post image for Milk Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies

Milk Chocolate Dipped Shortbread CookiesWhenever a TV show had Husband “surprise” Wife with the news that a business associate was coming to dinner, I’d think, “Who really DOES that?” Surprise! Larry just did. Told me Tuesday that Bruce was coming over Thursday for a meeting and dinner. WHEW. I already had the makings for an entree post I’d planned, so this was my chance to pull off a quirky little idea to chocolate dip something. Do you think these Milk Chocolate Dipped Shortbread work?

I cheated. Hard as I tried to find a shortbread without hydrogenated fats, #FAIL. Ordinarily, Paul Newman is my “it cookie” brand, but my store only had their newtons. Annie’s Graham Cracker Bunnies were too tiny.  *sigh* Lorna Doones have hydrogenated fat, a frankenfood I abhor. But I bought them just for this. Tell me, do you know of a healthy cookie to dip in chocolate? Just give me a comment. Meanwhile, here are:

Milk Chocolate Covered Shortbread Cookies

Place a rack over a baking sheet for your dripping hot cookies.  In the top of a double boiler over hot water, gently melt the chips, stirring with a spatula. One at a time, drop a cookie into the melted chocolate, and using two forks, turn it over, swirl around a bit to get fully coated, then lift onto the rack. After three or four dipped cookies, add sprinkles. Once all are done, chill in the refrigerator 15 minutes or until chocolate is solid. Remove from fridge and store in an airtight container. This coated one sleeve of cookies: 21 cookies.

1 Chef Dennis July 31, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I think they look perfectly delicious, and would like a few right now please!!! who doesn’t love shortbread, and then that chocolate……sigh

2 Worth The Whisk July 31, 2010 at 8:24 am

Lynne, I am excited for this recipe. Will do what you recommend, thanks!

3 Dorothy at Shockinglydelicious July 30, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Oh, yeah, these work all right! Love the sprinkles. I second Walkers, if you aren’t going to make them yourself. And when a business dinner is sprung on ya, sometimes you need to buy.

Well done!

4 Lynne@CookandBeMerry July 30, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I think you should just make some. Four ingredients. Here is a link to Martha’s shortbread recipes. It would take ten minutes to make and you would know exactly what is in them.

5 marla {family fresh cooking} July 30, 2010 at 2:13 pm

How could these chocolate dipped goodies not be delicious!! I would jump in and eat the whole sleeve of cookies. Perhaps I would even dive into the melted chocolate! Great job for a treat on the fly.

6 Kath July 28, 2010 at 10:21 am

Oh, and I meant to say your cookies look fabulous! Love the white pearlized sprinkles on them. A great idea for an easy company dessert! 🙂

7 Worth The Whisk July 28, 2010 at 9:56 am

Kath, so excited to learn this. Thank you!

8 Kath July 28, 2010 at 9:48 am

Walker’s Shortbread is great and available at most grocery stores, at least in the Seattle area. Ingredients? Wheat flout, butter, sugar, and salt. That’s it.